Sunday, February 01, 2009

This WOman Worth

In a brief conversation, a man asked a woman he waspursuing the question, "What kind of man are youlooking for?" She sat quietly for a moment beforelooking him in the eye and asking, "Do you really wantto know?" Reluctantly, he said "Yes."

She began to expound... " As a woman in this day andage, I am in a position to ask a man what he can dofor me that I can't do myself. I pay my own bills. Itake care of my household with out the help of anyman...or woman for that matter. I am in the positionto ask, "What can you bring to the table?"

The man looked at her. Clearly he thought that she wasreferring to money. She quickly corrected his thoughtand stated "I am not referring to money. I needsomething more. I need a man who is striving forperfection in every aspect of life." He sat back inhis chair, folded his arms, and asked her to explain.

She said, "I am looking for someone who is strivingfor perfection mentally because I need conversationand mental stimulation. I don't need a simple mindedman.

I am looking for someone who is striving forperfection spiritually because I don't need to beunequally yoked... believers mixed with unbelievers isa recipe for disaster.

I need a man who is striving for perfectionfinancially because I don't need a financial burden. Iam looking for someone who is sensitive enough tounderstand what I go through as a woman but strongenough to keep me grounded.

I am looking for someone who I can respect. In orderto be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot besubmissive to a man who isn't taking care of hisbusiness. I have no problem being submissive... hejust has to be worthy. God made woman to be a helpmate for man. I can't help a man if he can't helphimself. When she finished her spiel, she looked athim. He sat there with a puzzled look on his face. Hesaid "You are asking a lot."

She replied "I'm worth a lot."

No comments: